C. Leimer Takes Pro-Am Lead With Stunning Catalan Victory
Autovitesse Garage R. Affolter's Cédric Leimer secured victory in race two by just 0.064s to overhaul Matteo Zucchi atop the Lamborghini Blancpain Super Trofeo Pro-Am Drivers' standings at Barcelona, Spain, on 30 October 2011.
The Swiss racer clinched the win from Gravity-Charouz Racing's Gerhard Tweraser in a spectacularly close finish, while Official Lamborghini Test Driver Giorgio Sanna took third alongside France's Romain Bernard.
As a result, C. Leimer has taken a one-point lead ahead of Matteo Zucchi in the standings after the Italian was forced to retire just six laps into the race due to radiator damage.
"Wow, what a race!? exclaimed C. Leimer. "I could see the #22 go back to the paddock and I feel sorry for Zucchi as I had the same problem at Spa. But that's racing! Now the championship hangs on just one race, so it will be very interesting.
"I'm of course very nervous but Matteo will be in the same position and I know the track better than him. I will start from the front but Fabio is very quick so the pressure is not over yet.?
The final race of the 2011 Lamborghini Blancpain Super Trofeo season takes place this afternoon at 16:10 (CET).
Round 17 result
1. Leimer C. (#63), Autovitesse Garage R. Affolter, 40:13.584
2. Sladecka/Tweraser (#77), Gravity-Charouz Racing, + 0.064
3. Sanna/Bernard (#1), Automobili Lamborghini, + 37.726
4. Delhez/Enjalbert (#69), Bonaldi Motorsport, + 51.480
5. Fassitelli (#11), Bonaldi Motorsport, + 1:11.359
6. Mamé/Zanardini (#3), Bonaldi Motorsport, + 1:15.193
7. Collin/Fasanetto (#2), Automobili Lamborghini, + 1:49.459
8. Leimer H./Jenny (#19), Autovitesse Garage R. Affolter, + 1 lap
9. Ragazzi/Carboni (#80), Autocarrozzeria Imperiale S.R.L., + 1 lap
10. Ladas/Jani? (#99), Gravity-Charouz Racing, + 1 lap
11. Hasek/Jorda (#88), Gravity-Charouz Racing, + 3 laps
12. Piccioli (#30), Autocarrozzeria Imperiale S.R.L., + 3 laps
13. Pronk/Kox (#76), Reiter, + 5 laps
Linossi/Iacone (#20), Autocarrozzeria Imperiale S.R.L.
Babini/Zucchi (#22), Autocarrozzeria Imperiale S.R.L.